Preparing to Read Piano Music
In this lesson, you will:
- Learn how to read treble staff piano music.
- Play simple chords and melodies on your piano.
- Learn how to play the C major and G major scales.
How to Touch the Piano
- Sit upright at middle C.
- Keep your wrists loose, yet sturdy. Hold them fairly straight, avoiding any noticeable angles.
- Place your fingers 1 or 2 inches from the edge of the white keys. Stay off the thinnest areas of the naturals next to black keys.
- Relax your left hand on your knee or bench; he’s sitting this one out.
- Print the lesson if you plan to practice this lesson at your leisure.
Let’s begin: Continue to your first C major scale.